Monday, October 3, 2011

We're all equal!


Colossians 3:11

     In this new life, it doesn’t matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free. Christ is all that matters and he lives in all of us.


     When we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we all become equal in God’s sight; no barriers of nationality, race, education level, wealth or gender exist. We are simply viewed as his children, loved equally and called to serve him, equally.

     We are the ones that place barriers and levels of importance and value within our Christian circles. As a woman minister, I feel the sting of rejection and ridicule due to my gender, on a regular basis. I have had my moments where I’ve felt that I needed to justify my God-ordained calling, but in recent years, I have moved past the need to pacify and please man’s judgment calls on my life. I will not be deterred by man’s attempt to limit what God has called me to do.

     We are all equal in God’s eyes and we will all be held responsible for our impact or lack of impact on a lost and dying world. Excuses of nationality differences and lack of educational opportunities will not hold up in God’s court.  God is more than able to equip and enable each one of us to be His hands and feet extended in our own sphere of influence, as long as we don’t allow self-imposed limitations to hold us back.

     You and I may be the only Jesus that many individuals will ever see, and if we allow the world’s limitations to influence our actions and words, then there may be people who will spend eternity in hell, due to our fears and lack of understanding who we are in Christ.

     If Jesus Christ lives in us, then that is enough! Don’t hold back. Move forward in his authority and his permission to touch other's lives, for the glory of God.

     Do you view yourself as God views you, or do you allow others to dictate your worth and position? What would your life look like if you didn’t feel limited by others? How differently would you walk out your calling and ministry? Turn those thoughts and dreams over to the Lord and allow him to challenge you to move forward toward that goal.


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment