Friday, October 9, 2015

Attitude is Everything!

     

     Well, here it is Friday and I should be thrilled, but I didn't sleep well last night and I guess you could say, "I got up on the wrong side of the bed". In other words, the woman in the picture pretty much sums up how I'm feeling towards the whole world today. This should be Fabulous Friday, but instead, it's Funky Friday for me! I could blame it on lack of sleep or on menopause or on a bunch of other things, but the bottom line is this....."I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY BAD ATTITUDE!" Let's just call it like it is.
     Come on ladies.......we try to blame our bad moods and attitudes on everyone and everything around us. When in reality, we have complete control over how we treat others, including OUR FAMILY! I'm gonna shout "Amen" to that one because I'm preaching to myself!
     Yes, we are emotional creatures and our emotions fluctuate like a car on a roller coaster. But we are the ones who are in the driver's seat and in control of the car, so stomp on those brakes and get off the ride. It's as simple as that!
     As women, we hold a very critical position in our family. With one word, or attitude or simply a look, we control the climate and temperature of our household. When our husband, children, grandchildren or friends enter our home, do they enter into an aroma of love, acceptance, peace and tranquility? Or do they walk into a cold stench of hate, nonacceptance, chaos and turmoil? We have the power to control either one of those atmospheres by our attitudes, words and moods. Personally, I don't want to walk into a house that's filled with tension, and unhappiness. I would probably find any reason I could to stay away as much as possible. If I wouldn't want to live in that atmosphere, why would I think my husband and kids would want to? When we think about it that way, it puts a whole new spin on it, doesn't it? Did you realize that you had that much power and control? 
     I'm not saying to go through life without ever having a bad day, but let's recognize our attitudes quicker and take some steps in working through them in a healthy way.

  • Find some solitude - whether it's in the bathroom, backyard, or neighborhood park, find some alone time. Read a book, listen to some music, listen to the birds chirp or simply stare at the clouds. Take your focus off of the stress in your life and take some deep breaths. Life is good and you are blessed! You just need to remind yourself sometimes.
  • Phone a friend - once you're able to verbalize what you're feeling, you'd be amazed how quickly your mood will change. A few trusted friends, who will listen to your pity party and not spread it like wildfire, are invaluable! Make sure you return the favor!
  • Say a simple prayer - asking God to help change your mood may sound foreign to some, but you would be amazed at the results! We have a direct line to our heavenly Father, it's called prayer, and he's just waiting to hear from us. Nothing is too small or insignificant to say to him, and he really wants to answer us!
  • When all else fails.....EAT CHOCOLATE! - I really think research has said something about it releasing happy endorphin's or something! I don't know what research has said, I just know that I feel better after eating it, so give it a try!
     Now that I've poured my heart out to you, I'm feeling much better! I think I'll go have dinner with a friend.

Have a great weekend! (Do something fun with your family!)

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment