Monday, October 19, 2015

The Wrong Path.....or is it?

   

  Today is a one year anniversary for me. "One year anniversary of what?", you may ask. Well, one year ago today, the course of my life changed because of the actions/decisions of another person. In other words, the path of my life took a drastic unexpected turn in a direction that wasn't in my initial plan. 
     The details of the story really don't matter; what matters is MY reaction. I'd be lying if I told you that I reacted perfectly because in reality, I was really thrown for a loop. I felt as though the rug was pulled out from under me and I just simply wanted to lay there and not get up again. The anxiety, panic attacks, bouts of fear and disappointment over someone else's actions was quite overwhelming. 
      I know many of you reading this have gone through similar situations in your lives where other's actions have changed the course of your life. Many of you have suffered tremendously due to the intentional or unintentional actions of another. Maybe it was abuse or betrayal or maybe it was an unexpected death of a loved one. There are so many things that can happen to us, especially when we least expect them. Life throws us curve balls when we haven't even stepped up to the plate. What do we do when we get knocked down or thrown off course? As I see it, we have two choices: we either let the craziness of life take us out completely or we get back up and start over again.
     As I look back over the past year, there have been many ups and downs. Probably more low points than high points, but I'm still breathing. A major course change at this point in my life, has been a bit more difficult to maneuver. But one thing is for sure; God is STILL in control. None of this has been a surprise to him. He wasn't caught off guard by the situations in my life. Quite the opposite! He knew ahead of time, of the things that were to transpire in my life and he was prepared to guide me through the rough terrain.
     Here's the crazy thing: As I sit here today typing this blog, I realize that I'm right smack dab in the middle of where I want to be! It certainly hasn't been the road I wanted to travel to get here, but I'm here anyway. How does that happen? I don't think it's any secret how it happens. Some may call it coincidence or karma or good luck, but I KNOW that it's MY GOD who causes ALL things to work for good in my life!!
     I want to encourage you today to get back up! Don't let the situations of life or the actions of others take you out. You're still breathing, which means God's not done with you yet! Keep putting one foot in front of the other and before you know it, you'll look around and see that you're right where you wanted to be all along. God has a way of doing that when we trust him and believe that he has our best interest at heart. Your path may have changed............but your destiny hasn't!

Have a great day!

Wendy
    

No comments:

Post a Comment