Monday, October 5, 2015

She is unstoppable!


     I spent a good portion of the weekend feeling discouraged and defeated. To be completely honest, I wanted to "call it quits" on the very dream I have carried in my heart for many years; the very thing I feel God has placed me on this earth to fulfill. Fear and doubt held me back from pursuing this dream for quite a few years and now, at the ripe age of 50, I'm feeling pressed by time to accomplish the task. In spite of all the negative things about getting older, some of the more positive attributes is the confidence and carefree attitude that you gain with each passing year. So, throwing caution to the wind, I spent the last eight months working diligently toward my goal.
     With the birth of my dream right at my fingertip's, something suddenly and unexpectedly happened.........DOUBT and FEAR arrived on the scene!! Not only did it creep up on me, but it hit me like a ton of bricks! After two days of carrying around this uninvited duo, I came to a place where I literally wanted to call it quits and walk away. I wanted to throw away years of dreams, plans and prayers.......in a single moment.
     Call it what you will......fear, doubt, lack of sleep, PMS, bad pizza, a fight with my husband, it all boils down to one thing. As women, we question and doubt our existence, our value, our ability and our worth. It's what holds us back from everything. We don't believe in ourselves. We've been shot down, devalued, and humiliated one too many times and we don't want to put ourselves out there and suffer repeat hurt and pain.
     I GET IT! I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU! I WAS THERE THIS WEEKEND! You may ask, "What did you do, Wendy?" 
     Well,I stood still for a few moments, waiting for the tears to come, contemplating whether I should cancel the meeting that was to take place in less than an hour. But then, I looked down at the Bible that lay open on the counter beneath me and I remembered. I remembered WHO I belonged to.....I remembered WHO called me to task in the first place.....I remembered WHERE my value and worth really comes from..... And after God reminded me of all those things, I stopped and prayed and asked Him to help me.Then, with all the confidence of heaven, I tossed aside "fear and doubt" and continued on in spite of them! 
     What was the outcome of the meeting? Well, let's just say......"The dream IS becoming a reality!"
     Keep moving forward today!! Don't let fear, doubt, depression, discouragement, hurt or anything else hold you back from accomplishing the dream that's in your heart. Look to the one who put that dream in your heart to begin with.....GOD! He's all you will ever need!

Have a great day!

Wendy


   

No comments:

Post a Comment